T4 Toolbox and source control

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Cross posting from VSX Forum - firevortex writes:

Hello all.

I have recently updated T4 [later note: T4toolbox - Alan] for latest version. And now work of t4 and source control seems strange...

For example: i have generated a number of files. They have "add" pending change. Now i want to regenerate them-and for each file t4 (or visual studio) do 2 things: undo + add, instead of simply rewriting all this files. Undo+add takes a huge amount of time-for each file appears a window. What can i do with it? Does this behaviour linked with updating t4 (new way of working with source control?)? Or are there any settings to fix my problems, and force generation work much more faster?

When i start generating i expect, that files in source control will be checked out(if they aren't), and overwrited. Instead of this, at first, all files are undoing pending changes, then checked out, then overwrited.

If there are no files in source control, but they are already generated and have "add" pending changes, if i regenerate them, they will be "undoing" and "adding" again, instead of simply overwriting.

1. I use t4toolbox version 10.3.7.1

2. Templates are generated to another project (by setting Output.Project)

Problem appears only if project, where templates are, and project, where templates are generated to are different.

If i simply move generator and templates to project, where templates are generated to (Output.Project), then everything is fine. Any suggestions, why this happens?

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Thanks for following up Alan. I have responded to the quesiton on the  VSX forum. I think the solution is to use the latest alpha build, where this problem was most likely fixed back in July.

Oleg

Sep 23, 2010 at 5:13 AM

Thank you. Everything is fine with latest alpha build