please recompile and release a new download

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Dear Oleg --

This is a suggestion and a request and a wish-list.

I would like to be bold enough to suggest a download refresh of "T4Toolbox.10.3.7.1.msi".

This is because the nearly 2-year-old date, "Released: Mar 7 2010" is a bit scary.

In "tech time" 2 years is a VERY long time.

Even if the code base is simply opened in Visual Studio 2010 on your end, recompiled, then released with a new date-time stamp that would be great.

I mean, the compiler itself has probably changed in 2 years time, right? Etc.

It would probably not take a long time for you to do and would make your customers happy.

Update a comment or 2 if you feel like you must "change something" in order justify a new release.

:-)

Put a "beta" suffix on the new release if you feel squeamish about hacking out a new version in this way.

Keep the old-version available with a "release" suffix if you feel better about that.

In the trenches here, my brain has a hard time not being concerned about a 2-year-old component.

That is just a suggestion.

HTH.

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Thanks for the nudge, Mark. I have changed release 10.10 to be the recommended release. Let me know if you find issues with it.

I have been using release 10.10 with Visual Studio 2010 and SP1 for more than a year. Haven't made any updates because it has been stable and I don't have any new generators that I can release publically at this time.

Oleg

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Dear Oleg --

I appreciate very much that you have published the update.

Does one need to uninstall anything, such as the previous version of T4ToolBox, before running this new MSI?

If yes, then how? I checked "Programs And Features" in Windows 7 and could not fix T4ToolBox anywhere there?

Please advise.

(I want to know what to tell the rest of the team.)

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

You should be able to simply run the new version of the installer. It will uninstall the previous version automatically.

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Dear Oleg --

You are right.

That works great.

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski