This project is read-only.

Failed DLL GAC register with 9.3.21.1?

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Hi Oleg,

I have installed the latest release and  on creating my first template receive the error below. Has the installer failed to register T4Toolbox.dll in the GAC? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Error    2    A processor named 'T4Toolbox.DteProcessor' could not be found for the directive named 'dte'. The transformation will not be run.  The following Exception was thrown:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\T4 Toolbox\Bin\T4Toolbox.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\T4 Toolbox\Bin\T4Toolbox.dll'
   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.VSHost.TextTemplatingService.ResolveDirectiveProcessor(String processorName)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.Engine.ProcessCustomDirectives(ITextTemplatingEngineHost host, TemplateProcessingSession session, List`1 directivesToBeProcessed)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    C:\Program Files\T4 Toolbox\T4Toolbox.tt    1    4   
Mar 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM
There is a bug in the installer - it didn't install the assembly into its usual location $(ProgramFiles)\T4 toolbox\Bin. I'm working on it.
Mar 26, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Thanks Oleg much appreciated.

In the mean time do you have a quick work around / can you send the DLL? I'm just in the process investigating the different folders and projects functionality.

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM
This problem should be now fixed in build 9.3.21.2.
Mar 26, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Brilliant - works perfectly. Thanks again Oleg!