Visual Studio 2010

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2009 at 4:33 AM

There are significant changes in T4 between Beta 1 and Beta 2 of Visual Studio 2010. It was not possible to have a single set of T4 Toolbox binaries that would work in both. If you are using the recently released Beta 2, please install build 9.10.23.1 of T4 Toolbox. If you are still using Beta 1, you will need to install build 9.10.12.1. Both of these builds should work with Visual Studio 2008.

I haven't had a chance to test the new build with Beta 2 extensively. Please post any 2010-specific issues here.

Thanks,
Oleg

Oct 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Oleg,

Something goes wrong in the EnvDTE FindFile extensions in the T4Toolbox. When the project containing the Text Template is in a Solution Folder, the toolbox won't find the template file when it needs to. This will result in an exception in CreateLogIfNecessary method in the DTEProcessor!

Regards,

Niels

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Thanks for reporting this, Neils. I vaguely remember having this problem before. Did this actually work in 2008 with earlier versions of the toolbox?

I was able to duplicate the error. Do you also get the exception in TransformationContext.DefaultNamespace? (http://t4toolbox.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=14532)

Oleg

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

The defaultnamespace exception doesn't look familiar to me. The second exception is the exception which was driving me nuts today. My custom templates and generators work OK as long as the project is not in a solution folder.

Niels

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Thanks for confirming. Can you move your project out of the solution folder as a workaround? I will plan to fix this in the next release together with several other core framework issues. At this point I would like to avoid making another quick release like 9.10.23.1 without thorough testing and this change is deep enough to be very risky.

Oleg

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:24 AM

No problem.

Thanks for this great library. Keep up the good work.

Niels