error using toolbox in s#arp architecture

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM

hi. i'm using the toolbox to create crud scaffolding within an mvc application in v/studio 2008, using the s#arp architecture. i keep on running into the error...

=============================================================================================================

Error 1 An Exception was thrown while running the transformation code. The process cannot continue.  The following Exception was thrown:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at T4Toolbox.DteProcessor.CreateLogIfNecessary(ICollection`1 outputFiles, ProjectItem template)
   at T4Toolbox.DteProcessor.UpdateFiles(ICollection`1 outputFiles)
   at T4Toolbox.OutputManager.UpdateFiles()
   at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
   at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
   at T4Toolbox.TransformationContext.OnTransformationEnded(TextTransformation transformation)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating3E4B51C3612869D02284511C51D6C91F.GeneratedTextTransformation.Dispose(Boolean disposing) in j:\VisualStudio2008Projects\SharpTest\tools\CrudScaffolding\ScaffoldingGeneratorCommand.tt:line 18
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.TextTransformation.Dispose()
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.TransformationRunner.RunTransformation(String fullClassName, String baseClassName, String[] importedNamespaces, String[] references, String source, String inputFile, Boolean debug, SupportedLanguages language, IDictionary`2 languageOptions, IFormatProvider format, ITextTemplatingEngineHost host, Boolean cacheAssemblies, String& result)  1 1 

==============================================================================================================

and nothing gets created, although the log file indicates that the files have been created. i've scratched around for a couple of days on this but can't come up with anything. has anyone any ideas?

many thanks

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Try this build and let me know if you continue having this issue: 

http://t4toolbox.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=34574

Oleg

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM

hi oleg. many thanks. as posted over on the s#arp forum, this fixes it.