Error: this template attempted to load component assembly 'T4Toolbox, Version=10.3.7.1

May 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Using the RTW version of VS2010 and the latest T4 toolbox, When I add a "Generator" or "Template" project item to the project (In VB.NET) I get the following error:

Error: this template attempted to load component assembly 'T4Toolbox, Version=10.3.7.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e313accbcce84dc'. For more information on this problem and how to enable this template, please see documentation on Customizing Project Templates. 

I've tried running VS2010 as administrator, adding t4toolbox to gac, and I'm at a loss. Please help!

Rick

Coordinator
May 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Rick,

I'm sorry to hear that. Since this works without problem for me, could you describe how you installed T4 toolbox and if there is anything unusual in your windows/visual studio configuration.

Thanks,
Oleg

May 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Edited May 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Yeah, I didn't do nothing special, it's my laptop, and it's funny, I can add a "script" but not a template or generator. I used the installer to install T4 Toolbox. It's a vanilla Win7 with VS2010 Ultimate.

I can use a generator by copy/pasting an existing one, just not create a new generator.

Coordinator
May 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hmm.... Definitely a problem with the project item template wizard extension from T4 Toolbox. What seems to be wrong is the name of the T4 Toolbox assembly in your error message. It should be T4Toolbox.10.0 for Visual Studio 2010. The only way for this error to occur would be if Visual Studio 2008 templates from T4 Toolbox were installed in Visual Studio 2010. Can you send me GeneratorVB.zip from the following directory on your computer?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\VisualBasic\Code Generation

Oleg

May 21, 2010 at 4:22 AM
Edited May 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM

Oleg, here the same with Windows XP and VS2010 RTM. Follow extract of Generator9.vstemplate.

<!--
<copyright file="Generator9.vstemplate" company="T4 Toolbox Team">
  Copyright © T4 Toolbox Team. All Rights Reserved.
</copyright>
<summary>
  Creates a partial .tt file with an empty Generator sub-class.
  This project item template is specific to Visual Studio 2008.
</summary>
-->

UPDATE: C# sems to be OK. GeneratorCS10.zip, TemplateCS10 and LinqToSqlModelCS10 are there and I'm testing work templates.