This project is read-only.

Unknown Type CSharpTemplate

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I am trying to create a preprocessed template in my project. The problem is that I continue to get an unknown type. I am assuming that I need to add a reference to my project but I am not sure where to find the dll. Can you please point me in the right direction.
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM
T4Toolbox in Visual Studio 2012 does not support pre-processed templates at this time. In Visual Studio 2010, there is a project item template that will automatically add the required reference to your project.
Apr 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
So in other words, when I add a new Template item to a project, the symbol CSharpTemplate will be unresolved? Actually, I'll get no intellisense whatsoever for all T4Toolbox-related types and members, e.g. TransformationContext or CSharpTemplate, right?
At least, this is what's happening for me now and I wonder if this is normal or am I just doing something wrong. I have working T4 files, but everything from T4Toolbox is unrecognised, so it looks like there are errors in these files. Not to mention the fact, that lack of intellisense is painful while developing.
OlegSych wrote:
In Visual Studio 2010, there is a project item template that will automatically add the required reference to your project.
Have I understood you correctly then, that there are some references, that might be added manually in VS2012? Would that help?
I'd be pleased, if you'd explain this for me.