Error When Running T4 ScaffoldingGeneratorCommand.tt Template In S#arp Architecture

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I am in the process of using S#arp Architecture for the fist time and running into problems with its T4 templates.  Billy McCafferty suggested that I post the issue to this board.

The project I am creating is located on a UNC path and I am mandated by company policy to use the UNC path.  I have opened the project using both the UNC path and a mapped drive.  I can run the project successfully with it's default configuration.  For debugging this issue, I have also configure Zone security to full trust for all zones using the .NET configuration utility.  Unfortunately I still get the following errors when running the ScaffoldingGeneratorCommand.tt template: 

Warning 1       The path 's:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PwdVault\PwdVault 
\tools\CrudScaffolding\T4Toolbox.tt' must be either local to this 
computer or part of your trusted zone.  s:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects 
\PwdVault\PwdVault\tools\CrudScaffolding 
\ScaffoldingGeneratorCommand.tt 

Error   4       Failed to resolve include text for file:./Templates/ 
ScaffoldingGenerator.tt s:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PwdVault 
\PwdVault\tools\CrudScaffolding\ScaffoldingGeneratorCommand.tt 

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to resolve the errors?

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 9:01 PM

You may be able to resolve this problem by adding the UNC path to the trusted zone in Internet Options. Are you mapping your source control working directories to UNC paths on the network?

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I understand what is your suggestion, but I don't see how to implement it.

Trusted Sites in IE accept URLs with 'https://' prefix only. Any idea how to squeeze UNC or mapped drives in there?

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Uncheck the "Require HTTPS" check box and add *.mydomain.com to the list.